Pixelated Milk took to Kickstarter seeking funding for its JRPG-inspired game Sacrifire. A few minutes ago, the funding goal was achieved.
A few days ago, Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs developer Pixelated Milk took to Kickstarter seeking funding for its JRPG-inspired game Sacrifire. Just a few minutes ago, the funding goal was achieved.
Pixelated Milk asked €82,000 to the fans, and those were provided in a little more than a week by 2,165 backers, that have pledged €82,171 at the moment of this writing.
Sacrifire is coming for PC via Steam (a listing is already up) PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Switch in 2022.
One of the crown jewels of the prioject and potrentially quite tempting for JRPG fans, is that composer Motoi Sakuraba (Tales of Arise, Star Ocean series, Valkyrie Profile series, and many more) will help creating the soundtrack.
If you’re unfamiliar with Sacrifire, you can read the official description below. If you’d like to contribute, there are still 21 days left, and you can do so at the game’s Kickstarter page.
“SacriFire is an upcoming RPG, inspired by the 90s titles that began our love affair with gaming. For as long as we have worked on SacriFire, we’ve held to one simple but ambitious concept: to take the best of the games we grew up with (Vagrant Story and Xenogears amongst them) and to combine those elements with contemporary storytelling and QoL improvements in order to create an RPG experience that feels simultaneously nostalgic and modern.”
- Dynamic battles – Our combat engine merges real-time and turn-based styles to provide a fluid experience that is both challenging and satisfying. Fight alongside companions, choose from multiple weapons, target individual enemy body parts, and string attacks together to create elaborate combos.
- High-quality presentation – Employing both pixel art and 3D graphics allows us to combine retro-style graphics with innovative digital effects wizardry. Hand-drawn and animated characters blend seamlessly with 3D-modeled environments.
- Moral complexity – SacriFire’s original story aims to both respect and subvert the standard RPG tropes, so although you’ll feel right at home with our cast of lovable characters, you’ll never know what to expect next!
- A tale of two worlds – Travel between the sprawling subterranean city of Antioch and the idyllic spirit paradise of Erebus in a well-developed game universe which includes elements of both fantasy and science-fiction.
- Elaborate gameplay systems – Adopt diverse combat disciplines, craft weapons, solve puzzles and tackle imaginative dungeons.
- Original Music and professional voice acting – A brand new soundtrack composed by G4F Records, and the legendary Motoi Sakuraba. The talented Sound Cadence Studios bring SacriFire’s memorable cast to life!